Monday, December 29, 2008

Hark The Herald Angels Sing ... Noel 2008



I hope it's still not too late to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2009. For me personally, Christmas this year was supposed to be a family occasion. However, just not to disappoint some friends my mum and myself prepare our family recipes for luncheon which I forgot to take pictures coz too exhausted. Thank you Niejah and Syariah for helping me out ...


This year our family X'mas was quite special not because we all celebrated it in my new home but for the first time in 6 years we had a full quorum for X'mas. My dad and myself seldom flew home for Christmas coz we are saving our money and leave for Chinese New Year. Last year I went back coz I wanted to celebrate Gina's 1st birthday which falls on 30th Dec.




Traditionally in Malaysian Christian households, I think the most lavish occasion would be the Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. In my family, ours are much influenced by the Chinese Makan Besar tradition. This year's Christmas Eve, I sort of blend a bit of Western -Eastern cuisine. Maybe because too exhausted from all the preparation plus I was also the Chief Cook, the driver and the host, I had no time to think about the Christmas spread... unlike one I had back in 2006.




We all wore blue like the theme for this year's Christmas and coincidently my mood was also BLUE. I suddenly felt lonelier amidst the laughter and excitement around me. Then when I was with my sibblings I felt like the Lone Ranger or the cub who doesn't belong in the pack. I don't understand the sudden mood swing. So I decided not to join my family to Penang. After sending them to Puduraya on the 27th, I had a long nap ... a 10 hours nap OK... swallow Vit B Complex, Omega 3, Primrose Oil, Selenium ACE ... drank lots of H2O ... then clean the house, did the laundry, reorganised my kitchen .... then I felt much better....

As I was typing this entry with a clearer mind, I thank God for a wonderful, colourful and eventful life. I thank Him for giving me a GREAT family, a CHALLENGING career path, PINKEST of health, financial stability, FANTASTIC people whom I met, got to know and befriended throughout this life journey. Most important of all for the ABUNDANCE of love, hope and faith that I received from my family and friends who are actually the angels send from above.

God Bless...

4 comments:

Olpicture said...

rhapsody in blue sangat your christmas....

rambomadonna said...

Aiyoo Min, lupa nak jemput ko datang rumah. Anyway, it's not housewarming yet so time housewarming I nak buat Vogue the Vassszzzzzzzzzz...

SeMiN said...

Rambomadonna: the swing of the mood allied with the NUMBERS that keep increasing each year, sounds normal isn't it? hehehehe!

rambomadonna said...

hehehe, i will share that in my next entry...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails